We can help you bring a new product from initial concept to mass production.
New product introduction (NPI) is the step-by-step process that takes an idea from concept through detailed design, prototyping and manufacturing scale-up, into volume production.
NPI is widely used across many high value manufacturing sectors, particularly in mass production. We specialise in products for nuclear and other quality-critical sectors.
An NPI study can add value if:
- You are in the early stages of developing a new component, system or sub-system, and require guidance on best practice.
- You have won a new manufacturing contract and want to ramp up production in a controlled manner.
- We review your organisational requirements as a designer or a manufacturer to understand your role in the NPI process.
- We work with you to understand and deliver the required outputs. We typically use advanced process and quality planning (APQP) and production part approval process (PPAP) to guide our analysis.
- We present our findings with conclusions, underpinning evidence and recommendations.
An NPI study can help you:
- Bring your products to market faster.
- Enhance your product quality.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency.
Find out more
Download the new product introduction flyer (pdf, 100kb) for more detail on our services and capabilities.
For an informal discussion about your requirements, contact Jamie Gordon, senior technical lead.