Tuesday 20 October, AMRC Knowledge Transfer Centre.
Now fully booked. The Special Metals Forum and Nuclear AMRC present an exclusive one-day event for the special metals sector and associated engineering industries in the UK.
Nuclear Now will help companies to understand the nuclear energy sector and its opportunities for the special steels industries.
The event includes:
- Overview of the UK nuclear industry – Peter Haslam, Nuclear Industry Association.
- Steel products required for nuclear power stations – Martin Ride, Nuclear AMRC.
- Approvals and accreditations – Peter Faccenda, National Skills Academy Nuclear Manufacturing.
- Opportunities in nuclear decommissioning – Ron Gorham, NDA
- Commercial opportunities at Sellafield – David Magrath, Sellafield Ltd.
- Fit For Nuclear case study – Philip Vaughan, Darchem Engineering.
- Small modular reactors and their supply chain – Professor Juan Matthews, Dalton Nuclear Institute.
- Export opportunities in the nuclear power industry – Andrew Stevens, UKTI.
- Tour of the Nuclear AMRC.
- Networking and exhibition.
Download the flyer for more details, including the agenda for the day.
The Special Metals Forum is the regional group of trade associations and companies operating in the steel and associated manufacturing industries, based in and around the Yorkshire & Humber region. The Forum includes UK Steel and the British Stainless Steel Association, and links to the regional EEF Growth Forum. The group also includes UK Trade & Investment, which promotes the export of goods and services from the UK.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org